Acoustics measurements are performed for a variety of reasons, including: product design, production testing, machine performance, and process control. Crystal Instruments’ CoCo and Spider series have capable acoustic measurement facilities including real-time 1/nth octave filters and sound level meter functions.
Crystal Instruments provides an easy-to-use yet powerful toolbox for acquiring and viewing acoustic signals. Digital octave band filters and raw time data recording can be performed simultaneously for a detailed investigation of noise problems. The handheld CoCo DSA is ideal for field measurements and provides Sound Level Meter (SLM), 1/n Octave filter analysis, digital recording and microphone calibration capabilities in a package smaller than a traditional SLM. When more detailed laboratory studies are undertaken, the powerful Spider-80X module permits assembling systems of up to 512 input channels.
Acoustic Testing Applications
- Class 1 SLM Measurements; ANSI S1.11 Filters
- A, B, C, Lin Weighting; High & Low-Pass Filtering
- Slow, Fast, Impulse & Peak Detectors
- 1/1, 1/3, 1/6, 1/12 Octave Filter Analysis
- 1/n Octave Spectra & Filtered Time Histories
- Built-In Microphone Calibration