Shock Response Spectrum (SRS) Analysis is one of the most often-used methods in Shock and pyro-shock analysis. Recently, Virgin Orbit, a newly formed company under Virgin Groups that target at advanced small satellite business, started to use Crystal Instruments’ Spider-80X to acquire the shock vibration and SRS analysis.
EDM computes the SRS for all channels using maxi-max, maximum negative, and maximum positive analysis techniques.
- Maximum Input Channels in a Spider system: 512
- Filter Implementation: real-time digital filters that simulate single Degree-of-Freedom system.
- Octave Fractional Resolution: 1/1, 1/3, 1/6, 1/12, 1/24, 1/48
- Filter Damping Ratio (1/2Q): set by percentage 0.01 – 100%
- Filter Center Frequencies: controlled by low frequency, high frequency and reference frequency
- SRS Spectrum Type: maximum positive, maximum negative, maxi-max.
Virgin Orbit is headquartered in a state-of-the-art 180,000 square foot manufacturing facility in Long Beach, California, and employs a world class team of more than 200 experienced aerospace professionals. Its vehicles include the LauncherOne rocket and its 747-400 flying launch pad, dubbed Cosmic Girl. The LauncherOne service already has a substantial order book, including both commercial and government customers.
Virgin Orbit is the third company in Virgin Group’s commercial space portfolio, Galactic Ventures, led by CEO George T. Whitesides and owned by the Virgin Group and Aabar Investments PJS. The three companies are developing world-leading aerospace products and services in the following categories, each contributing to their shared vision of opening space to change the world for good.