THE SPIDER-80X VIBRATION CONTROLLER SYSTEM
(High Channel Count Vibration Controller System)
HIGH CHANNEL COUNT VIBRATION TEST CONTROL
The Spider-80X vibration test controllers have voltage and IEPE inputs which are ideal for shock, vibration and acoustic measurement or general purpose voltage measurement. Each Spider-80X vibration controller is equipped with 8 input channels which accurately measure and record both dynamic and static signals. The mass flash memory records 8 channels of streaming signals simultaneously up to 102.4 kHz while simultaneously computing real-time time and frequency based functions. An embedded signal source channel provides various signal output waveforms that are synchronized with the input sampling rate.
HIGH DYNAMIC RANGE
The Spider’s performance is the best in class with the highest dynamic range of any similar product. With patented technology, the Spider-80X achieves 150 dBFS input dynamic range (defined in the time domain). Each measurement channel detects signals as small as 6 μV and as large as ±20 V. Such high dynamic range eliminates the need for input range and or gain settings of traditional data acquisition systems.
A high speed floating point DSP manages the data input/output and real-time processing. The Spider-80X is also configured with RAM and onboard flash memory for mass data storage. Special thermal and low power designs eliminate the need for a cooling fan.
VIBRATION TEST CONTROL - OPERATION MODE
The Spider-80X vibration test controllers are controlled by a host computer or run in Black Box mode, where a pre-programmed schedule is downloaded to the unit and started manually or based on an event trigger. The ability to use any vibration test controller in Black Box mode or in a network distributed system means that users are able to place modules close to the measurement object.
FULL VIBRATION TEST CONTROL SOFTWARE SUITE
The Spider-80X system has a full vibration test control software suite available. EDM (Engineering Data Management) software by Crystal Instruments features a modern intuitive interface for vibration test control needs. The Spider-80X is also compatible with the iPad App version of EDM. Contact Crystal Instruments for more details. Software solutions for vibration control include:
- Swept Sine Control
- Resonance Search Track & Dwell (RSTD)
- Sine Oscillator
- Random Vibration Control
- Sine-on-Ransom (SoR)
- Random-on-Random (RoR)
- Classical Shock Control
- Transient Time History Control (TTH)
- Shock Response Spectum (SRS) Synthesis
- Time Waveform Replication
- Highly Accelerated Life-Testing/Stress-Screening (HALT/HASS)
- Multi-drive control
- Inputs: 8 BNC connectors per front-end, front-ends are networked to form up to 128 inputs, voltage or IEPE, single-ended or differential, AC or DC coupling, 150 dBFS dynamic range, 24-bit A/D converters, range ±20 volts, up to 102.4 kHz fs per channel
- Outputs: 2 BNC connectors per front-end, 100 dB dynamic range, 24-bit A/D converters. ±10 volts
- Channel Phase Match: Better than ±1.0 degree up to 20 kHz among all channels
- Dimensions: 238.8 x 215.7 x 20 mm, four Spider-80X vibration test controllers fit into one 1U 19 inch rack-mount slot
- Weight: 1.3 kg per front-end
- Power: Powered from external DC power
- Computer Connections: 100 Base-T, RJ45 female connector supports connection to PC or network switch
- Internal Memory: Flash memory for data storage is 4 GB per unit
- Real Time Analysis Functions:Data recording, Math (+,-,*,/), integration ,differentiation, FFT, average, window, auto power spectra, cross-spectra, FRF, coherence, real-time filters, RMS, swept sine, limiting, alarm/abort and many more.
- Operation Modes: Connected to computer or stand alone Black Box mode.